Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Quote

I just wanted to add this quote that I just read from Neale Donald Walsh from his book 'Conversations with God - an uncommon dialogue' It struck me as a quote about the type of person I would like to be towards the young people that I work with.

" ..It is clear to me that all of us could produce a list of people who have touched our lives in ways so meaningful and so profoundly as to defy catorigisation or description; people who have shared with us thier wisdom, told us thier truth, suffered us our faults and our foibles in thier infinate patience, and who have seen us through all of it; seeing the best in us, as well as thier refusal to accept parts of us they new we really didn't choose, caused us to grow; to get bigger somehow.


2 comments:

  1. What a great quote, and yes I think I have people in my life I coul add to the list. You know it's funny, I find it hard to beleive every person in our communities would have people to put on their list but I hope they do - I guess we never really know if we've ever made an impact on someone to this degree but maybe we all have - to someone - sometime. And sometimes perhaps making that impact hasn't come at too much effort - can it sometimes just be those small things we do (but thoughtful)which speak volumes to others...
    I've read one of Neales books many years ago- it had quite an impact on me, assisted me to see God in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon you are right Chris. It is little things - and they DONT take much effort.
    I dont know if you remember Shanae ( Frances's daughter) when she spoke to our group.She said that the person who most helped her, who she most loved, when she was on the street was a youth worker who just accepted her, did nothing to try and change her, just gave her space. - Little things

    ReplyDelete