Monday, April 21, 2008

what do I know about your genitals?



I enjoy reading the Sexuality Blog By Cory Silverberg, One of his latest entrys starts like this.

'Writing about sexual anatomy is one of my least favorite parts of writing about sex. Each time I sit down, as I did a few days ago, and begin to write something about the way the foreskin works or what the urethra looks like I get a shiver down my spine. It’s not that I don’t love human genitalia. I mean it might be more accurate to say I have love for genitals than to say I love genitals directly. Either way, I’m not squeamish or conflicted about these body parts. My point is not that I don’t like my own, my loved ones, or complete stranger genitals. The point is that I don’t like writing about them.
After all, what do I really know about your genitals? Aside from the most mundane large scale generalizations, what can I really say about your genitals that won’t clash with your own experience of them? This is a problem for anyone writing about the body (above or below the waist) but its one we don’t talk about much.'

If you read this blog ( which is also linked at the side bar to yourt right) you will come to a 'link' that describes a way for you to take your own guided tour of your genitals. Go on and have a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment