Monday, May 13, 2013

Pressure re anal play

Great discussion from the Centre for Sexual Pleasure and Health bringing up an issue that many people find hard to discuss.

I know you guys give lots of great advice about anal play.  However, lately I’ve been wondering if anal is something I really want to do, or if I want to do it only because I’ve gotten so much pressure from partners to do it.  How do I deal with the pressure?

Ahh, yes, the classic “what came first: the chicken or the egg?” dilemma, this time with a naughty twist.  In many avenues of life, it can be difficult if not impossible to separate where the influence of interpersonal relationships as well as society at large ends and where our own desires begin.  Such things often cannot be separated in easy, neat packages– after all, society’s influence begins from birth.  Besides, simply because something came about as a result of external influences and even pressure, it doesn’t mean we can’t and don’t enjoy such practices and behaviors.  In light of this, I’m prone to encouraging people to do whatever feels good to them within the bounds of consent, regardless of potential external influences.

CLICK HERE to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment