Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hard Choice for a Hard landing


Relationships, Sex, Sexual health are hard enough to figure out at the best of times. What about people who have long term 'worst of times'?
Below is a great description of one person's struggle with relationships while living with Bipolar disorder. Hope fully this may be useful to you or someone you are working with.
Thanks to  By TANA WOJCZUK FROM The New York Times for this.

I discovered I was bipolar right around the time I found the love of my life. I met Xander while still on the off-ramp of a miserably failed relationship, a broken engagement that was, while not tragic, the icing on the cake. By this point I had begun introducing myself to future boyfriends as a “serial monogamist” (they always thought I was joking).
Like clockwork, I would go from passionate love and early moving-truck syndrome to screaming and crying fights right around the 2 1/2-year mark. For me, it wasn’t the 7-year itch but the 3-year panic. The relationship would come to a crashing end when I would enter the suspicion phase (not just jealousy but suspicion that the person I’d hitched my wagon to was trying to undermine me at every turn).
TO READ MORE CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment