Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Youth speak on safer internet day in UK





 ( Thanks to Kris Gowan from linkedin for this)


In honor of Safer Internet Day, a new report from Insafe was released that features the
 United Kingdom’s largest study of young people’s attitudes toward online rights and
 responsibilities to date.  It features the voices of both elementary and secondary youth,
 each group coming up with its own Top 10 Online Rights. Here are the ones from the older 
youth (11-19 years):
1.I should feel safe online;
2.I should not be bullied online, and should not bully others;
3.I should be able to access films, music, and TV online, but it is my
 responsibility to respect copyright law;
4.I should support my friends if they need help online;
5.I shouldn’t have to see unpleasant or hurtful content and I should know what to do if I come
 across it;
6.There should be lots of websites that are interesting for people my age;
7.I should be able to manage who can see the content I post online;
8.The websites I use should have an easy and effective way of reporting;
9.I should know what I can and can’t do online and understand that there are legal 
and offline consequences;
10.I should be educated about staying safe online.

No comments:

Post a Comment