Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Sexual Wellbeing

Take a look at this diagram that I have copied from a blog I follow called 'Loves of a Sex Geek'.
The person that posted this was talking about ALL of the things (Physical/Cognitive/Behavioural) that they feel in social situations. About how anxiety affects them and that anxiety is something that they need to be aware of all the time.

WELL... As I was looking at this diagram I put the words 'sexual wellbeing' in the middle and wondered about the effects of anxiety on 'sexual wellbeing'. Imagine that many of us have self doubts/feelings of inadequacy and more more more when it comes to our sexual wellbeing. We have physical/cognitive and behavioural outcomes that affect our sexual wellbeing.

Sexual wellbeing is something that many young people have not experienced. (Many adults have not experienced). It is up to the people that work with young people to help explore in safe ways the things that will help people develop a sense of wellbeing  - including sexual wellbeing.Help them identify the physical, cognitive and behavioural aspects that constitute wellbeing. -- It is time to cast off our fear (anxiety) around all things sex and begin open, honest, in depth discussions about this stuff.

universe-regeneration:

whimmy-bam:

sirileigh:

prllnce:

meggchan:

Mine is mostly cognitive.

I have all three. Well oops.

Dammit! So do I!

No one has said this yet, so I feel I must.
THANK YOU FOR THIS.
So many people don’t seem to understand that social anxiety can manifest itself in multiple ways. Some people will just dismiss that you have social anxiety if you don’t fit into what they perceive it to be, and that lack of understanding can be really hurtful. So thank you for this.
(And as my personal comment, I fit into behavioural and cognitive.)

Mines both cognitive and behavioural

No comments:

Post a Comment