Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Really good post on 'About face'

This is a really good series of posts about body image, media, manipulation and 'Do people even care'
The post start like this:

"One of the most vivid memories I have from high school was when I was shopping for prom dresses with a good friend. What started as a bonding experience quickly turned into something much more isolating.

We had completely different bodies. She was tall, thin, and had no hips, and I was shorter with decent-sized thighs. In high school we would bring in a bunch of dresses and trade off trying them all on. Most dress styles were tailored for the body type my friend inhabited, and because of this, she looked “better” in the dresses than I did. Needless to say, my attitude level dropped a few points below annoyed, and I walked out of the mall that day with a new-found dislike for my body, and for my friend. "

Please go have a look ( here) at this and also read more about Calven Klein there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment