Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Placement



I received this email awhile ago. I thought maybe one of your organisations in South Oz might be interested in taking advantage of this.Here it is.


Dear Lud,

My name's Nelfio and I'm a fifth year medical student at the University of Adelaide. In 2009 I will be doing a placement called INternational Primary Health Care for six weeks. The first three weeks will be based at the university and will involve lectures and seminars on issues regarding
international health,primary care, STDs, HIV, rural health, etc.
In the second three weeks we are able to undertake a placement related to an area we have covered in the first three weeks. I was wondering if you might know of a placement (that would be considered rural in S.A. eg: Gawler, Mt Barker, Barossa, etc) that might be interested in having two students in the second half of 2009. Maybe youth work? Social work? Helping at a youth organisation? Talking to some of the children about what we do? Basically we're interested
in anything relating to primary care, social health and international health. Just wanting to find out if you might know of anything that might be available.
Sorry if you're not the right person to ask about this - maybe youcould suggest a contact that might have some ideas otherwise. Thank you so much for your time and I hope you don't mind me e-mailing you
Kind regards,
Nelfio Di Marco
5th Year MBBS,
The University of Adelaide
I asked Nelfio if he would like me to post this onto the youthnetwork blog and this is his reply.
That would be fantastic!
Just my e-mail nelfio.dimarco@student.adelaide.edu.au would be great!
Just has to be a placement that is considered rural: i.e. a placement in a place with 100,000 people or less.
Thank you so much for all your time and effort. Much appreciated.
Happy for you to go ahead with that. Thanks again



So if you are interested or can support Nelfio just contact him on the above email

No comments:

Post a Comment