Monday, November 10, 2008

Hi everyone

Ok here it goes.
I have been involved in Lud's experiment of online training for Shine. Through this he has invited me to post the occasional Blog.
I thought my first Blog should be letting you all know who I am and what I do.
My name is Jeremy and I live in Whyalla South Australia ( just incase you didn't know where it was).
I am married with 2 children. 1 boy and a girl. These kids with my wife are the only reason I continue to exist or so I thought.
Two and half years ago I started working in a program called Youth Pathways. This program is aimed at school retention. As you all know school is often the last thing on a persons mind when they are caught up in this cyclone called life. My role is to mentor and support the students into some form of education.
I am qualified Youth Worker and am in the process of gaining my formal Counselling qualifications.
I love my job and it was through this that I became aware of Shine and the work that they do. When Lud said that they were doing a remote online training session I was in like a flash. It has been frustrating at times ( hasn't it Lud ), but overall I think it is successful.

So what am I going to share with you guys. Not real sure as yet. Lets just see where the mood takes us.

Hope to talk to you soon
Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. Excellent intro Jeremy.
    Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete