Friday, September 03, 2010

Lovely Non Coming out story

I don’t have a coming out story. I’ve always felt a bit deprived because of that, which is of course wrong because the reason I don’t have a coming out story is that everyone in my life that should know about my sexuality is wonderfully open minded. That being said, my grandma doesn’t know and probably never will. But she doesn’t really need to know granddaughter’s sex life. I suppose the other reason I don’t have a coming out story is because I’m not entirely gay. Coming out as pansexual (or bisexual) is always thought of as a half-arsed sort of revelation compared to absolute homosexuality, which is the epitome of sexuality disclosures. Pansexuality, however, almost always needs to be explained or is followed by a knowing nod then an immediate wikipedia search of the unknown term. It is defined as the attraction to people completely regardless of gender. Unlike bisexual, it does not identify two binary genders, but instead includes transgender, gender neutral etc into it’s attraction. I was unaware of the actual term myself until probably about a year ago. I was, and probably always have been pansexual but I didn’t know the name for it.

Lovely story and well described: To read more go this new website called bite back

No comments:

Post a Comment