Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How much do you know about working with a hetero person and HIV

A fact sheet for health professionals has been developed from a study called the 'straightpoz study'. Men and Women living heterosexually with HIV.

This has fantastic information for us as workers. I recommend having a look. It includes such things as:
Who are HIV positive straight people?
Whats important to knopw about this client group?
What does my client need to know?
What can I give my client NOW?

Also if you want hard copies of the fact sheet I am told they will be sent to you. (I presume only in Australia)
You can obtain them from: (the following was sent to me in a forwarded email)
Asha Persson at the National Centre in HIV Social Research. Please place your order viaemail to Asha Persson by the 1st of February 2008. All orders will be processed on this date. Please specify number of requested copies. Kind regards, Asha Persson, PhDResearch AssociateNational Centre in HIV Social Research
Robert Webster Building University of New South Wales
Kensington NSW 2052
Phone: (02) 9385 6414
Fax: (02) 9385 6455
Email: a.persson@unsw.edu.au

No comments:

Post a Comment